August 2016

Government Grants Can Help Finance Your Child’s Post-Secondary Education

20 Aug , 2016 Community

Did you know that you could open a dedicated savings account to put money aside towards your child’s education? Registered Education Savings plans are offered by most financial institutions and allow you to make regular contributions that can be withdrawn by your child once they start attending college. This is an interesting way to save up for your child’s education since the Canadian government will also make contributions to the savings plan. Once you open an RESP to save up for your child’s education, you have the possibility to apply for grants via the financial education where you opened up the savings plan.