Statement Of Purpose Examples

Posted on

Every application you fill out in college admissions, be it the process of applying for admission to the college of your choice or applying to an online college, must have a statement of purpose. Why is this so important? Well, a statement of purpose sets the tone and direction of your future career. It tells your admissions committee the big picture-your goals, motivations, and plans for your future. A statement of purpose is an essential component to building a strong application package that will help you achieve your goals.

Letter Intent for Employment Template Letters Intent for Graduate assistantship Example Resume
50 Letter Intent for Employment Template Free Resume Template from statement of purpose examples , source:zamislisrbiju.org

Why is this so important? A statement of purpose can make or break your chance at being accepted into a graduate program of your choice. In many cases, the selection committee will spend more time reviewing the written applications of applicants than they will read the statements themselves. Your statement gives the committee a clear picture of what you are looking to accomplish within the university. It also makes sure that you are aligned with the academic objectives and goals of the graduate school.

What are some good statement of purpose examples? There are literally hundreds of different statement of purpose examples spread throughout dozens of online websites and books. You don’t need to follow the examples laid out in these sources, but it can be helpful to take a look at a few of the examples and get an idea of how a statement of purpose can be written and structured. Here are a few examples of types of statements of purpose that might be used by graduates preparing to apply to graduate programs of their choice:

Facility Manager Resume Luxury Fresh Grapher Resume Sample Beautiful Resume Quotes 0d Bar Manager Facility
Facility Manager Resume Fresh What is the Purpose A Covering Letter from statement of purpose examples , source:lordvampyr.net

A statement of purpose example might start out like this: “I am very interested in learning about space flight and working as an aerospace engineer. This interest has given me the drive to become a professional pilot.” The emphasis in this sentence is on the word “position,” which means the position of the student in a formal academic setting, such as a graduate program. The student has simply stated his or her career goal. The statement ends with the specific steps that must be taken to meet that goal.

Another type of statement of purpose example might be like this: “I want to become a clinical psychologist so that I can help other clinical psychologists in my area of expertise.” In this example, there is no emphasis on career goal. The focus is on a specific action to achieve the end result. In this case, the graduate program is likely looking for someone who will pursue a doctorate in clinical psychology. The statement of purpose should be tailored to the specific graduate program for which the student applies.

Letter Intent Zambia Fresh Letter Format For Statement Purpose New Example Letter Intent
Letter Intent Zambia Fresh Letter Format For Statement Purpose from statement of purpose examples , source:cakasce.org

An example of a statement of purpose example might go something like this: “As a member of an elite scientific research university, I aim to discover the most complex and profound laws of nature and use this knowledge to solve the world’s greatest problems.” Again, the emphasis is on the goal of the student in mind. As in the previous example, the statement of purpose for a graduate program in psychology should be tailored to the graduate program for which the student enrolls. In this case, the statement of purpose has been carefully worded to fit the graduate program. The goal the student has for going into this field should be highlighted in the statement of purpose.

Many statement of purpose examples are written for situations where the student is not sure what he or she wants to do with their life. These are the types of statements that, when writing, can give the student a huge sense of hope. They give the student something to strive toward with a certain statement of purpose that, though vague, sounds as if it was written specifically for them.

business letter intent template best sample business of letter of collaboration template
Business Letter Intent Template Best Sample Business from statement of purpose examples , source:bethclayton.info

Writing a great statement of purpose is as much about the words used as it is about the example given. If a statement cannot be written simply by using the student’s own words, it may be helpful to find an example that includes those words. An example is one of the best tools that can be used to help a student to create a statement of purpose. Even a poorly worded example can make a huge difference in terms of how the statement is perceived and, therefore, its effectiveness.

Special Education Cover Letter Lovely Cover Letter Teaching Assistant Lovely Resume For Teacher Elegant 40
Special Education Cover Letter Elegant Statement Purpose Examples To from statement of purpose examples , source:agbr.me

Gallery of what is the purpose of a cover letter
What is the Purpose A Cover Letter Lovely Finance Cover Letter from statement of purpose examples , source:letterhead.site

Image From Post Application Letter For Masters Degree – With Motivation Letter For Masters In Economics Also Masters Application Personal Statement
resume templates masters program unique cover application letter from statement of purpose examples , source:unusualworldd.com

Letter Intention Inspirational Letter Intent for Employment New Email Marketing Letter Template
Letter Intention Inspirational Letter Intent for Employment New from statement of purpose examples , source:langkawipoint.com

Best Building Construction Schedule Template Lovely Contractor Estimate Template and Graphy Estimate Template From 0d 1d
24 Best House Construction Contractors 2018 from statement of purpose examples , source:jinjiercl.com

Resume Qualifications Summary Customer Service top Resume Key Qualifications Templates Skills Customer Service
Resume Qualifications Summary Customer Service Fresh Examples from statement of purpose examples , source:imperialtattoopdx.com